VA facilitated engagements between VA stakeholders and Cerner and developed a revised deployment schedule, which leverages the lessons learned from VA’s initial operating capability sites and incorporates feedback from facility end-users, VISN leadership, and VHA program offices, including future sites. Pre-deployment activities are underway in VISNs 10 and 20 while preparing for future fiscal year site deployments in VISNs 12 and 23. VISN 12 includes the joint VA-DoD site in North Chicago, where coordination activities have begun.
The schedule was developed based on current information. Adjustments or modifications to the schedule will be made based on any additional clinical and technical findings. Therefore, the dates outlined in this downloadable EHR Comprehensive Lessons Learned (PDF, 1.1mb) document (on Page 9) are estimates and subject to change pending Task Order Award, Authority to Proceed, and considering any potential regional COVID surges.
Terms to know:
- VISN — Veteran Integrated Service Network
- Regional systems of care within the United States. Explore all eighteen regions
- VHA — Veterans Health Administration
- America’s largest integrated health care system. Visit the VHA official website
- Initial operating capability (IOC) site
- A medical center achieving operational capability of the new EHR. This consists of support, training, logistics, and system interoperability within the Department of Defense (DoD) operational environment.
In the Tables
- Denotes facility bed capacity:
- Small is a facility with 0 to 100 beds
- Medium is a facility with 100 to 300 beds
- Large is a facility with 300 or more beds